1. Activation of protected libraries is not required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Possibility of resaving with samples patches of protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features portable (PORTABLE) version :
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the program's portable folder (the Windows registry and other system stores are not used, administrator rights are not required * ).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows you to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* Requires (super)administrator rights if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) - such a location for portable programs is unnatural and not recommended.
Kontakt PORTABLE is not compatible with the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard):
1. Instruments of NKS-compatible libraries added to Kontakt PORTABLE will not appear on the screen of an NKS hardware device (Komplete Kontrol or Maschine). Accordingly, they cannot be selected, previewed and downloaded directly from the device's browser, but only through the interface of the Contact itself.
2. The controls of an NKS-compatible library instrument loaded into the Kontakt PORTABLE are not automatically bound to the controllers of the NKS device, only manually in the standard way for external MIDI devices (MIDI Learn).
High Resolution Monitor Support Questions
What libraries are available in HiDPI?
In order for library developers to create modern tools with a high-resolution interface, Contact developers introduced a new user interface language called Native UI. This language is currently in closed alpha and will be available over time as the language stabilizes. For now, Factory Library 2 and CHOIR: OMNIA are the only products built on this technology, but the number of tools will grow rapidly.
Why only the new browser supports Hi-DPI? What about the rest of the application?
In order to modernize the appearance of Kontakt and support high-resolution monitors, Kontakt had to be converted to a new graphics rendering technology. Considering Contact's role as a professional tool, the developers decided to approach it gradually in order to avoid major disruptions in workflows, ensure stability and gain early benefits. The new browser is the first major example of this and is based on extensive user research and testing. The team is fully motivated to continue upgrading the rest of the product to bring it up to a level that meets the needs of the modern music maker.
How to install Kontakt 7 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE WRITTEN.
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v720.exe
3. Press the Browse... button and select the created empty folder
4. Press the Extract button
How to update Kontakt 7.xx PORTABLE to Kontakt 7.xx PORTABLE:
1. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v7xx.exe
2. Press the Browse... button and select the folder where the Kontakt 7.xx PORTABLE files are located: 3. Press the Extract button 4. When the Confirm file replace window appears , confirm the replacement of files (Press Yes to All )
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE VST3 to a host (DAW)
Method 1 :
Open your host settings and add the Kontakt7Portable\Kontakt 7\x64\VST3\ folder as an additional plugin scan folder. Please refer to your DAW manual for details.
This method is suitable for hosts that do not limit themselves to scanning VST3 plugins only in the standard location (Cockos Reaper, Magix Samplitude,...)
Method 2 :
On the component selection page, select: created a link to the VST3 plugin Kontakt PORTABLE in the standard VST3 plugin scan folder).
How to add Kontakt 7 PORTABLE to ProTools
Run Kontakt7Portable\Install.exe and select "Add AAX to ProTools" (on the component selection page).
How to install scattered library content in Kontakt PORTABLE
For the full operation of some libraries, it is not enough to download the library folder itself, you need to copy certain content from the library folder to one of the standard Windows folders in the user profile. Thus, some of the content of the library "scatters", goes beyond the library folder.
The search and storage of such files in Kontakt PORTABLE is redirected from the standard folders in the user profile to the Kontakt PORTABLE folder, namely to the UserData folder, where all the user data of the Contact is located.
The general principle of installing scattered library content.
You can find out in which folder these additional files should be uploaded from the manual, from the description or discussion of the distribution.
In general terms like this:
\ Native Instruments \rest of the path\ , where
is either My Documents
or Local Application Data
We get the path to the folder where we need to copy the files so that the library working from Kontakt PORTABLE "sees" them:
1) Replace the path to the standard folder with the path to the UserData folder:
\ Native Instruments \rest of path\
2) Native Instruments is thrown out of the path (if any):
3) If there is "Kontakt 5" in the rest of the path (the old library from the times of the 5th Contact), then we replace it with "Kontakt"
Examples of installing scattered content.
Vasya is involved in the examples , who has
a user profile here: C:\Users\Vasya\
- standard folder Local application data, respectively, here: C:\Users\Vasya\AppData\Local\
- standard folder My documents, respectively, here: C:\ Users\Vasya\Documents\
- Contact is here: E:\KontaktPORTABLE\
- All of His user data of the Contact is respectively here: E:\KontaktPORTABLE\UserData
STANDALONE, VST3i, VSTi, AAX* x64
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD