What is Sound: Science of Sound-Distance
English | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B0B3N8C99X | 61 pages | PDF | 31 MB
Sound is what you hear! -
However, silly and meaningless that might “sound”, it is very much true. Though you might read that sound really is a form of “air-wave”, or a change in pressure throughout a medium, it can also be argued that it needs a ‘sound receiver’ to perceive that change and the most common receiver is the human ear. However, there are some airwaves that people cannot hear, but other living creatures can and there are even more airwaves that only special equipment and instruments can “hear” or detect.
From beautiful music to the hustle and bustle of a busy city...sound is everywhere. This book is a detailed account of what sound is and some of the science behind how sound propagates and travels through the air.
The main topics covered in detail throughout the presentation and worksheets are:
- What is Sound, and sound's movement through the air
- Types of Waves (Longitudinal & Transverse)
- Longitudinal & Transverse
- Compression & rarefaction
- Propagating Medium
- Properties of Sound (Objective & Subjective)
- Sound's Velocity/Speed
- Calculating Frequency-Speed-Wavelength of Sound
- Calculating Period/Frequency
- Amplitude (Sound Pressure, Intensity & Power)
- What are Vector & Scalar Quantities?
- Waveform & Spectra
- Overtones and Harmonics
- What is Timbre
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD