Versilian Studios Bowed Psaltery KONTAKT
KONTAKT - 755 MB
The bowed psaltery is a 20th century re-imagining of the psaltery, a plucked zither dating as far back as ancient times. The instrument produces a high, almost glassy tone similar to other fretless zithers, and does an excellent job of standing out in any mix. With a sound reminiscent of its medieval roots, it's a sure match for any fantasy or historical track.
We have painstakingly chromatically sampled the entire range of a two-octave example with 14 total articulations ranging from the original bowed to plucked, picked, and even struck with a hammered dulcimer mallet, all with up to 8 round robins.
- 2 NKI for FULL Kontakt 5.6.8+
- 912 unique samples in full 48kHz/24-bit quality.
- Full chromatic sampling of two octave range; 'extended' range patch available as well.
- 14 articulations, including three lengths of bowings, tremolo, picked, plucked, and hammered.
- Two mixable mic positions.
- 4-8 RR on shorts, 2-4 RR on longs.
- 25 aleatoric effects.
- Spiccato/Short Bow/Long Combo
+ Mallet (Hammered Dulcimer)