- New program workflow takes you through device selection/configuration and automatically creates Spectrum measurements
- Device and measurement configuration is managed through a single window
- Input metering right in the I-O Config, check your inputs before you even create measurements
- Creating a Transfer Function measurement now automatically creates the accompanying Spectrum contributors to it.
- Measurement creation on-the-fly from the main interface
Many users expressed a desire for a tab-based interface where one could configure and switch between multiple workspaces, so we have expanded the basic “measurement group” paradigm from v7 and now organize our configurations into tabs which include not only the configured measurements, but also the layout and plot view as well.
We have added the ability to drive multiple windows, each containing its own set of tabbed workspaces. It is like being able to run multiple sessions of Smaart simultaneously.
Hide/Show Interface Controls
We heard from many users that they really liked the hide/show data bar feature available in Smaart v.7 Di because it gave them the ability to maximize the plot area, especially during show time. So we took that concept a step further in v8 and applied it to all interface control elements
The increased use of Smaart on tablet/touch screen computers complicated using Hot-Key commands. To address this, we added a command menu and a user-configurable command bar of large, touch-friendly buttons that can be used to call any of Smaart’s keyboard-based, Hot-key commands.
Improved Data Storage & APL
For static data, we have overhauled the trace storage process to allow for better direct access to your larger file structure of captured traces, without cluttering up active memory space trying to keep everything loaded in RAM in case you need it.
The new Active Plot Legend, or APL, window details the contents of the active/selected plot, showing the names, colors and trace offsets of Live and static data traces – as well as providing the controls for hiding/showing the traces.
A long-time user requested feature is the ability to continuously view input signal levels, as well as monitor parameters such as SPL and LEQ for multiple inputs simultaneously. For this we created the Broadband Meters window. This mode-less window can be configured to monitor any of Smaart’s input signals via a simple grid configuration process.
Integrated Smaart I-O Control
Control for the Smaart I-O gain and phantom power are now integrated directly into the Smaart v8 interface.
Smaart’s integrated API allows any copy of Smaart v8 to act as a host to any other copy of Smaart v8, meaning you can create a rig with one computer acquiring the input signals and performing the measurement computations, while another acts as a client and remotely accesses the measurement data. This capability then allows your v8 measurement environment to be spread, not just across multiple monitors, but across multiple computers.
- Operating System: Mac OSX 10.7 (32 + 64 bit) or newer
- CPU: 2 GHz Dual-Core Intel i5 or faster
- RAM: 2 GB or greater
- Graphics: Intel HD4000 or better, or 256 MB dedicated video RAM.
- Sound Hardware: Audio Hardware with compatible Core Audio device drivers.
- Mount the image.
- Drag the app icon on the applications folder.
- Open app, register with any numbers.
- Block all outgoing calls and disable update checks.
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD