Pro Studio Live - Elmo Arteaga Active Rock Mix Deconstruction TUTORiAL
TUTORiAL | 3.48 GB
Step into-the-box with Elmo Arteaga as he demonstrates how he achieved his powerful, energetic mix for the Active Rock band, Silencer. This in-depth course will take you from the beginnings of the mix session, starting with the session organization and routing and ending with the final print of the mix, stopping to look at everything in between. From sample replacement on Drums to adding the perfect amount of compression into your vocal chain, Elmo will show you step-by-step what it took to make the tracks that were sitting in front of him to come to life! With so many techniques covered, from basic compression concepts to more advanced sidechain techniques, this event is perfect for anyone who wants to strengthen their mixing skills regardless of the genres they work with!
In this Mix Deconstruction:
- How Elmo organized his session
- His approach to bus routing
- His philosophies behind each instrument that makes up the arrangement
- What steps go into shaping a source to create a specific tone
- Overview of his take on the sound of Rock Drums
- The importance of isolation/source separation
- How splitting tonal qualities over a blend of mics can offer more opportunity to control your tone
- How different mic placement techniques can be used with each other to build a strong stereo image
- How additional elements can be used to make a mix sound more lively and exciting
- Splitting a Bass Guitar's signal to achieve a monstrous tone
- How to create width in your mix with heavily driven Electric Guitars
- Philosophies behind Vocals and how your vocal mix interacts with the listener
- How to achieve a strong and forward Vocal tone
- Treating a Vocal passage using a high-gain Guitar Amp simulator
- Effects bus routing and processing
- How to automate and "play" into your Effects
- Additional viewer-prompted questions, related to production techniques and processes
Not convinced yet? Check out these free excerpts from this Mix Deconstruction:
1) Vocal Reamp: Using a guitar amp simulator to create an event for a vocal break in the song's arrangement!
2) Bass Bus: How to shape the overall blend of your Bass Guitar elements to create a tone that gels with your drums as well as the rest of your mix!
3) Parallel Bus: Incorporating "over-compression," or distortion & saturation to strengthen the overall power of your drums in the mix!
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD