Scaler 2 makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
Discover your music’s key and explore alternative scales and chord sets
Choose from hundreds of keys, quickly build progressions in the sequencer
Over 200 artist chord sets from the likes of Carl Cox, MJ Cole, The Temper Trap, Mitekiss, CeCe Rogers and Mike Huckaby
Over 200 genre and mood-based chord sets such as Chill, Drum & Bass, Jazz, Cinematic, EDM, Progressive…
Browse chord variations to get suspended chords, extended chords, dominant sevenths and jazz chords
Use the arpeggio or strum features to perform in real-time and synced to your DAW
Discover chord substitutions that lend variety to your progressions
Experiment with different chord voicings to spread notes across the keyboard
Export MIDI to your DAW simply by dragging and dropping
Assign any VST / AU instrument to Scaler 2 to control your favourite synths
Play and record one-finger chords and melodies using Scaler 2’s Bind MIDI function
New for Version 2
Redesigned from the ground up with over 200 new chord sets, hundreds of new scales, and 30 new instruments
Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians
Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
Keys Lock helps you create emotive melodies by locking keys to your chords
MIDI Capture lets you perform inside Scaler 2 and then export the results as MIDI
Modulation suggestions give you new ways to reach musical destinations
Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise function
Edit Mode for adjusting length, inversion, octave and more per chord in a pattern
Pad View helps you to arrange multiple patterns and key switch between them
Audition new progressions in context with DAW Sync playback
Voice Grouping can keep your chords within a certain range for voice leading
Chord editing and moving tools include lasso, drag n drop, replace and insert
What's new in version 2.2.0?
● Bass mode
• More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban)
• 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass)
● Melody mode
• More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
• New keyswitch for live-switching between melody parts.
• New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.
• Quantize and Swing - Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.
• Enhanced Progression Editing
• Ability to create groups of chords
• Ability to customise all playback parameters per group
● UI Update
• Quick Navigation - Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
• Update the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
• Increase the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
• Add notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode are active.
● Other Improvements
• Reduce playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
• Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
• Prevent a crash when loading user chordsets.
• Prevent a crash when using Keys-Lock.
• Prevent a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
• Add 16 beats chord duration.
• Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
• Prevent notes from being cut-off when using Keys-Lock - Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
• Prevent the fretboard view from triggering keyswitch.
• Overall stability and performances improvements.
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD