Links update: 05/02/2020
When we introduced our line of guitar sample libraries in 2008, it represented a stunning leap forward in sampled guitar realism. Today, you'll find the Evolution line of guitars and basses in final productions of numerous movie and television scores, trailers, games, even pop hits. Evolution Stratosphere represents the fifth generation of the Evolution guitar engine and incorporates refinements that provide unparalleled realism and more intuitive play.
For example, Evolution Stratosphere has an intuitive, powerful strumming pattern editor. We felt it was important to make something that represents strumming better than the traditionally-used step sequencer approach, so we came up with a more powerful system that's fast and easy to use. It gives you control over which strings get strummed, the direction of the strum, and the speed of the strum. Plus, you can use many articulations within a single strum pattern, and even incorporate special effects like string slaps as part of the pattern.
Evolution Stratosphere comes with a robust guitar effects engine, including a vast collection of modeled guitar pedals. Additionally, you have selectable guitar cab sizes with several options for microphones and mic placement. All together, you have a comprehensive guitar effects suite at your fingertips without external guitar effect processors necessary to get amazing-sounding tones.
But don't just take our word for it, let your ears decide.
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Various vibrato styles, from classic vibrato to rock and metal vibrato with adjustable depth/speed. Vibrato can be assigned to MIDI CCs or aftertouch.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
- Over 10,000 samples, recorded in 24-bit, 48khz.
- Articulations such as sustains, half palm mutes, full palm mutes, mutes, squeals, tapping, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and much more. The articulations amount to 144 unique samples per note, although because each string was sampled individually, in certain cases there are many more based on your ability to play the same note on different strings.
- MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
- Modeled pickup selection for bridge, bridge + middle, middle, middle + neck, and neck pickups.
Here's what's new in the Kontakt Player edition:
NKS-Ready. Integrates with Komplete Kontrol hardware such as the S-Series keyboards and Maschine.
Snapshot presets. The library now uses Kontakt 5's snapshot preset feature, which provides a more a robust preset management solution than the old built-in one. We also added a bunch of new factory presets while we were at it.
Tuning tweaks. We did another pass of tune tuning on the samples.
Latest Evolution engine. With this new edition, you also get all the improvements of the latest Evolution engine: new reverb pedals, improved round-robin cycling for better multi-tracking, as well as a few minor bug fixes.
Because the library has been encoded for the Kontakt Player, you'll need to re-download the new engine files as well as the samples. If you wish to be able to access both libraries concurrently, simply install this new version in a separate folder.
CLiCK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD